Saturday, April 11, 2009

Is Acid The Energy Drink With Less Calories?


Yesterday was a rather good/interesting day for me: First, it was the last day I was stuck out in the hole formally known as Petone (where the internet was not present). Secondly, I try acid for the first time (yes I know here come the lectures on taking care of ones body... rah rah rahhhh but it was quite interesting).

The story begins on ‘Good Friday’: After a relaxed evening at work (Waitessing) of non-fuck-ups and minimal customers, me and “C” (after some negotiation) went to one of my Otago Boys’ Places (with the fro) to let off some steam, as the start of university holidays call for celebration! Naturally drinking games and ‘Guitar( or the whole band) Hero’ were an eventful part of the party scene, then the mention of acid came up in conversation. I unsurprisingly was curious to say the least and decided to try out this frontier when my Otago boy offered me some acid. As any lady would agree... it would be rude to refuse so I had a mere quarter of an acid tab (didn’t want to take to much too soon... one has to be careful of course) to try this unchartered territory.

The experience: It wasn’t too strong the effects of acid, a nice semi drunk feeling went over me and my brain seemed rather energised... which was great until I went to bed and tried to sleep... TRIED is the word to note as every time I closed my eyes I couldn’t rest my brain, though eventually I did manage to “hit the hay” after a while. No psychedelic colours, no giant spiders (my ex-had that happen to once) just felt like I had drunk alcohol with an amazing energy drink which made me very alert... Maybe Acid Is The Energy Drink for the Sugar conscious :) as im sure there are no calories in acid surely.

Today started at the ridiculous time of 7am... which is pretty hard when you don’t get to hit the hay until 2am earliest. I had recovered from my new experience and boringly travelled back and forth ferrying my stuff to its rightful place WELLINGTON (I heart WGTN). I then had the great joy of going to work (waitressing again!). Tonight was crazy due to no surcharges and the need for people to spend some money rather than time (eating out rather than cooking) was supa crazy, but i survived and got a wee tip $20 from one overly table... which is pretty good as New Zealand doesn’t do the compulsory tipping thing like other countries. So bozey fun was in order after work with crew before heading off to an old mate of mine Hamish’s back from Auckland... but a lot of boze later resulted in me walking home instead... on crazy nite is surely more than enough? Rite?

Quote of the day: “Of course drugs are fun. And that's what's so stupid about anti-drug campaigns: they don't admit that. I can't say I feel particularly scarred or lessened by my experimentation with drugs. They've gotten a very bad name.” By Anjelica Huston

Ok Will Sleep Now

No comments:

Post a Comment